Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let my heart sing to you.

It is sometimes hard to explain to people why I do what I do. What I do is easy to explain as far as my job is concerned. I love on int'l students and their families; demonstrating the love of God in any way I can.
I could come up with all kinds of Biblical answers for you. The truth of it is, I believe I know the cure for cancer. If you knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that you too knew the cure... wouldn't you tell the world?

The cancer of the soul is far more painful, destructive, and invasive then any physical cancer. I have seen it work it's black magic on families, targeting first the husband/father and cascading down in ripple effects to the other family members until a whole society is wrecked and reeling. I have been asked recently for proof that the Bible is the word of God, that Jesus is the only way, that God even exists! Evidence exists! Everywhere in fact; in our very hearts and the green brilliance of spring around us. Romans 1: 19-21

But their eyes are blind, their ears are stopped up, and no matter what kind of "evidence" exists, people choose to believe what is comfortable for them. That is the hard and cold truth. My heart cries out to Jesus who said "I am the Way, I am the Truth, I am the Life! No man comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Why do I share my cure for cancer? Because I must! It is burning inside me like the disease itself. Out of love for my friends,out of love for my savior Jesus, I must tell everyone! Let the Holy Spirit do His job. Let me be faithful to do mine and then let me give up and let the Creator and sustainer do the rest.

No comments: