Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New 2010!

It's a great way to start out the new year... in a different country then your own, so I picked Okinawa, Japan. Did you know the main island is shaped like a sword? Maybe that's why there are 15 different military bases here. It is also about 1000 mi from main land Japan so it's warm here and things are blooming and growing even in January. Our neighbors have a papaya tree in their yard.. I love it.

It is the rainy season
so it rains most days but not all day and it smells so fresh here!
I was able to go to church with the Lees this morning. The service was in English with a Japanese interpreter. During the service the pastor asked us to turn to someone near you and pray with them they may be lights and witnesses for Jesus to their friends and family. The only people around me were Okinawan and didn't speak English... and we know my Japanese is not up to par. So I prayed... in English. Some how it just didn't matter. They didn't say anything but I have a feeling that the language barrier was temporarily broken down by three human beings communicating to our creator, our mutual father.

I am still trying to get over jet lag. It's been good so far but it may take a few more days. It's been fun to build my relationship with my friends and their two cute little kids. I am hoping to put up pictures soon. There is a bed in store for me... I am thankful.

No comments: