Monday, June 9, 2008

Family of Jesus

There is an old song that I used to sing at Emmanuel that goes.."I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God. I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood. Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod. I'm a part of the family, the family of God." I have begun to realize just how big that family is as I meet and make friends with the Ukrainian believers here at Calvary Chapel of Dnepropetrovsk. I was humbled for the millionth time this month, when I asked a group of girls about how they felt about the level of love and accountability in their church. They just looked at me and answered, "Calvary Chapel is a family. We know we can count on them to help us and pray with us whenever we need it." They were confused and surprised that I even had to ask. I asked about the Ukrainian culture and if the people would ask for help, counsel and prayer in time of need. We in the U.S. often feel like we are stepping on toes and that our beloved friends don't have the time for our problems/joys/fears. It is a lie from the enemy. "Two are better then one. If one falls down, his friend can help him up". and, "a cord of three strands is not easily broken". The American Church needs to start taking a stand for itself during the minutes and seconds of the week. We need to pray together, cry together and rejoice together. Thats how the world will know that Jesus is in us.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm fed up with the American church! And your little post didn't help! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I have been working and dead 4 days out of 8. Dad wants me to pick up some overtime too. I'll have to ask about it tomorrow. I kinda really dont' want to be I probably should. Why does money matter. Why couldn't we all just kinda live and get stuff and not need a basis by which to do so. This message makes no sense. I worked today and I'm dead. I'm going to bed now. Love you!